Friday, May 2, 2008

I SCORED!!!

Another soccer season is about to come to a close. Tomorrow morning our girls play in a tournament to wind up the season. Tonight was the final practice. And coach had a great idea. "Soccer moms" vs. the girls. We had to mirror our daughter's positions, which meant that I played in the middle of the field and had to do a lot of running. (Tammi - you're probably already laughing, but the answer is, no, I didn't!) We held our own pretty well for a while - of course, we might not have played by all of the rules. Hubby heard one mom yell to her daughter, "If you score, that's a chore!" #2 scored the first goal for the girls, something she has waited on all season. Sweet victory for her. But then... so did I. YEA ME!!! A goal for mom in her soccer debut. However, I know how to quit while I'm ahead. After all, I didn't want to be the ball hog Tammi has mentioned in another post. I wanted another mom to have a chance for her moment of glory. In the end, the girls won 3-2. Fun game. Just hope I can get out of bed to watch her play in the morning.

2 comments:

Lyndi Soles said...

You got game... Don't try and hide it!!!

tammi said...

Way to go....but you LET them win, *wink, wink* right?? right?

:)