Sunday, July 6, 2008

Not Your Typical Vegas Trip...

I'm not a gambler. Or a drinker. So 5 days in Vegas with my husband and 2 daughters was a bit of a challenge. I do love to see new places and new things though. And since I knew that hubby would probably NOT be returning to this city, I wanted to see as much of it as I could. We walked...and walked...and walked...from one hotel to another. Given the chance, I would have gone through every one of them because each one has something different to offer. Here are the highlights of my trip:
  • First flight...of many more to come, I hope!
  • M&M World. What a fun place.
  • Phantom of the Opera. I LOVED it. It was my first time to see it live. I'm buying the soundtrack this week. You know what I'll be rockin' out to!
  • Our gondolier. We went on a gondola ride at The Venetian hotel. Not much bang for the buck, but our gondolier could sing!!! She was a middle school choir teacher, and one of the friendliest people we encountered during the week.
  • Seeing the Grand Canyon. Although we were only able to see a small portion of it, it is truly an awe-inspiring place. Incredible views.
  • Watching my brother-in-law win $250 on a slot machine at the LV airport. Doesn't take much to entertain me. My $20 was gone in 3 minutes, but he cashed out after, oh...maybe half an hour.

No comments: