Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sleep Deprived

I can't sleep anymore. It's 1:29 a.m. I've been up since 8:00, no naps. Yet, here I am...wide awake. 122 channels, and nothing to watch, not even on TVLand or NickatNite. During the school year, it's a struggle to get to bed by 11:00, and I literally have to drag myself out of bed when the alarm clock goes off (for the 3rd time!) at 6:00 a.m. On those nights I sleep like a baby. I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow. On those nights, I long for summertime, so I don't have to set any alarms, and can sleep in. Then summer finally rolls around. Before the end of June the sleep trouble starts. Now it's the middle of July and I feel like I never sleep. I've tried Tylenol PM, but I'm hesitant about medicating. I've cut out caffeine at night. I've got nothing pressing on my mind, no plans to make or carry out. I guess I could do something productive with my time, but the house is clean, the bills are paid, the laundry is washed and put away (well, most of it). What's a girl to do??? Anyone out there have any suggestions? My only consolation is knowing that in 20 days the sleep trouble ends. On June 6, I have to report back to work. Then I'll sleep. Then I'll wake up at 6:00a.m. Then I'll wish for summertime again.

No comments: