Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Confession Is Good for the Soul


After much heartfelt consideration and intense personal examination, I have decided that I need to come clean about something. I have a confession that I need to make. Here goes...

My name is Amy, and I am shamelessly addicted to Webkins.

I first heard about Webkinz from some friends, who were getting them as Christmas gifts for their children. (See, Dena & Lindsey - it's all your fault!) Not wanting my child to be left out, I made sure that Riley got one for Christmas as well. I sat at the computer with her the first few times, helping her figure out how to navigate her way around Webkinz world. I was quite impressed with all that the website had to offer. I started playing some of the games, helping her earn some KinzCash so she could buy some cool things for her furry blue hippo. Before long, though, I found myself playing the games without her asking me to. I'd play when everyone else was outside or no one was home so that they wouldn't catch me. I'd play during a duty-free lunch or a planning period at school. I'd play late at night when Clint was at the fire station. Last night, I tried to sign on at 3:30 a.m. when I couldn't sleep. Today, I played for an hour while I ate my gourmet lunch of Bagel Bites and a banana. I'll probably play again when I finish typing this post. I'm trying very hard right now not to order the cute new dalmatian that just became available, in honor of Riley's first stage performance in 101 Dalmatians. I want to get one for my mom, so we can go head-to-head on some games. I'm hooked - what can I say?!?

Parents, if you're looking for a good toy to keep your kids occupied during these last weeks of summer, order a Webkins. But be warned - you may become an addict as well!





2 comments:

Clint said...

I've heard of other types of addicts who couldn't sleep without their fix. Could that be the real cause of your insomnia?

Mrs. N. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.