Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Fond Farewell to Summer


Today is officially the last day of my summer. It has been a time to relax and take a break, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. Here's what I will remember from this summer:
  • A trip for two to Disney

  • A girls' beach trip to SGI with the Baker family - thanks, Penny, for the invite!

  • Starting my own blog, and stalking several others - thanks, friends, for the great reading material!

  • Many hours floating in the pool, reading many good books (that's what I'll miss the most)

  • Way too many turkey melt sandwiches

  • A cookout for 30 or so family and friends who supported my two missionaries to Peru

  • Countless trips back and forth to the UC to and from volleyball practices (that's what I won't miss at all!!)

  • Thousands of Kinzcash dollars earned playing some fun games

  • Lots of time just hanging out with Clint - rocking on the back porch, cruising in the Jeep, running into town on some errand or another, staying up late watching movies

  • Sleeping until 10:30 a.m. (OK, so that's that's what I'll miss the most)

  • Torturing Riley with Regis and Kelly episodes during breakfast

However, with all that said, I have a lot to look forward to as well. A new school year brings so many new opportunities - a new classroom, new subjects to teach, new ideas to try out, new school procedures and policies to try to follow (ugh!). Most of all, a brand new group of students to teach, to pull my hair out over, and to love. I'm thankful that God has placed me where I am, and that he has blessed me with the opportunity to mold these tender lives for the next 180 school days.

4 comments:

Clint said...

Tell us what happens to books you read in the pool...do they float too?

I'm glad you had a great summer, and I know that this will be a wonderful school year!!!

jamie b said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful summer! :) I'm glad we were able to spend some time together with you guys!!

Praying you'll have a good school year!

Clint said...

Waiting on an update.


P.S. Love ya!!!!!!!!

Mrs. N. said...

clint - when you drop a book in the pool, it gets wet. duh...