Tuesday, August 28, 2007

YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE...

what I did this weekend. The Kendricks brothers from SBC have been at it again, and are preparing to shoot a new movie. Auditions were held on Saturday, and I went!! And, yes, I even auditioned. For a main role! Now those of you who know me are probably thinking, "What was she thinking???" From the first time I heard about the movie, I have felt that I was supposed to participate in this. Never before have I had any ambitions of being a movie star, and I have no theatrical experience. Thus...the audition was a flop. Of that I am certain. No call-backs for me. But that's okay. Maybe my purpose in auditioning was to make the next gal look really good! And I am perfectly okay with that. I'm certain there will be some way that I can be a part of the movie in a (much) smaller way. There's always the need for extra's. In the meantime, I have comfortably stepped back into my box, and have no plans to venture out anytime again soon...unless somebody's got a good idea for me?!?

3 comments:

jamie b said...

You go girl! All I can say is I'm proud of you! I hope you get a part just for being courageous enough to try out! I would be so nervous and shaky or would probably crack up laughing and be unable to audition! :)

YAY AMY!

tammi said...

NO WAY!! LOL that's great! Seriously...good for you!
maybe we'll see you on the big screen in a few years!

how many people were there trying out??

Mrs. N. said...

The chapel was about half full. It seemed like a good number to me, especially if everyone there was reading for a role. I don't know what kind of turn-out they were expecting. I have heard of QUITE a few who were reading for the same part as me.
As for a few years down the road...I expect that I'll still be just GOING TO the movies. No dreams of super-stardom here...
:-)