Monday, September 3, 2007

WALLY-WORLD


Let me preface this post by saying that I love to shop! I find shopping to be quite therapeutic, and can get quite giddy over a trip to Target. However, grocery shopping never falls into the shopping therapy category. Well, for a number of reasons, I haven't had the opportunity to do much shopping since about a week before school started. We were way past overdue for a real grocery store trip, and I knew it would be a "2-cart-er." Since Clint was at work, I forced Cassie to go with me. As hard as it is to believe, I was actually EXCITED about going to Wal-Mart...at lunchtime...on Saturday...before a holiday...and after a payday for many. (That's sad!!!) Even after the rain, the crowd, the long checkout line, and the outrageous total, I still had a smile on my face as we hauled bag after bag after bag up the steps and into the kitchen. It probably took the two of us thirty minutes to put everything away. And now I'm still smiling because my pantry is full - anybody want to come for dinner???

2 comments:

Clint said...

We're not ashamed to buy friends with the promise of food, but hurry...it'll be gone soon!

jamie b said...

sure! tell us when! :)

no, really...that's awesome you got so much shopping done AND that you were happy about it! hahaha love it!

please let clint know we're praying for his grandmother.