Saturday, September 6, 2008

It Happened

I knew it would happen one day. I didn't know when. Or where. Or how. I had wondered how long it would take...who would be with me when it finally did happen? I wondered if I would even notice. I wasn't sure if I wanted it to happen or not...would it hurt? Would anybody be there to offer support? Would anybody understand what I was going through?
Tonight was the night. It actually happened during dinner at my parents' house. I'm glad I was surrounded by family when it occured. I'm glad they were there to share the moment and offer support when...
my toenail FINALLY fell off.

7 comments:

jamie b said...

lol! you are good at keeping people in suspense! :)

Anonymous said...

The suspense was in waiting to see just how many times she could manage to steer the conversation to her toenail the rest of the night. :)

Mrs. N. said...

hey clint, READ MY MIND...

tammi said...

*swallowing own vomit*

*making gagging noises*

[recovering]


NICE.

Earl said...

It was a joyous occasion. I'm just so glad I was around to share it.

Love ya,

Dad

Lyndi Soles said...

I was sitting on the edge of my seat!! Well, did it hurt? I have one that happened right before yours, and my nurse husband says it should be coming off any day now. Watch me be in a client's office when it happens... Ahh!!!

Mrs. N. said...

tammi - :-)

lyndi - no, it didn't hurt at all. honestly i'm glad it finally came off. i was tired of watching my step EVERYWHERE i went. took #2 to a party at the skating rink last weekend...was terrified that someone would skate over my toe.