Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!


August is a month jam-packed with birthdays in our family. We start with Cassie's at the beginning of the month, my mother-in-law's at the end, and a total of 9 cousins have birthdays somewhere there in the middle. It seems like every weekend we've been attending at least one birthday party. I haven't bought and wrapped so many presents in such a short period of time since Christmas!

Don't get me wrong - I love a birthday party!! I was disappointed that Cassie didn't want to celebrate with her friends this year. I love making the invitations, picking out the themes and decorations, planning the food, and all of the excitement that comes with it. I love singing "Happy Birthday" and watching the candles being blown out. I love to watch the gifts being opened and to see what everyone picked out.

I especially love MY birthday!! I love having a big fuss made over just me. Not because of any great accomplishment or achievement - simply because I'm here. I keep hinting that I want to have a real party to celebrate one of these years. Something like Putt-Putt or the bowling alley. Maybe I'll just plan it myself. I could keep it simple. Just close family and a few dozen friends. That wouldn't be too much to ask, would it?

Anyway, if I've missed you this month - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And just in case you're wondering...mine's only 59 days away, but then...who's counting???

5 comments:

Clint said...

Dena has experience planning her own party. Maybe you should call her.

jamie b said...

If no one else has a good idea, I think you should plan your own party! :)

jamie b said...

hahaha Thanks! :) Maybe we should go roller skating. No, that requires muscles that I don't think I have anymore!

Mrs. N. said...

jamie - you're at the top of my invitation list!!

The Englands said...

maybe you could have a destination birthday party! have everyone get a little place at callaway gardens and then take everyone to the wildlife safari on pine mountain..make sure you rent the zebra striped van! i'd be happy to let you use my member discount at the flintriverquarium (haha!)